Part 1 Listening（第一部门听力）
I. Listening Comprehension（听力领略）
A. Listen and choose the right picture（按照你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）：（共6分）
1. _______ 2._______ 3. _______ 4. _______ 5. _______ 6. _______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear（按照你听到的对话和问题，选出最得当的谜底）：（共10分）
7. A. A doctor. B. An engineer. C. A secretary. D. An astronaut.
8. A. In a library. B. In a lift.
C. In a shopping centre. D. In a restaurant.
9. A. To have a meeting. B. To have a holiday.
C. To visit her aunt. D. To visit her uncle.
10. A. Every Wednesday. B. Once a week.
C. Every Saturday. D. Twice a week.
11. A. 7:40. B. 7:30. C. 7:20. D. 7:10.
12. A. 5 yuan. B. 10 yuan. C. 15 yuan. D. 25 yuan.
13. A. In March. B. In April. C. In May. D. In June.
14. A. Teacher and student. B. Doctor and patient.
C. Manager and clerk. D. Headmaster and teacher.
15. A. Yes, she will. B. No, she won’t. C. It’s hard to say. D. It’s impossible.
16. A. John should take the medicine himself.
B. John should take Helen’s advice.
C. John had better go to bed..
D. John had better go to the hospital.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false（判定下列句子是否切合你听到的随笔内容，切合的用“T”暗示，不切合的用“F”暗示）：（共7分）
17. Many Angry Birds-themed parks will be built around the world.
18. The first Angry Birds-themed Park opened to the public on April 28, 2012.
19. Several other parks in Britain and other countries have already been open.
20. People of all ages are keen on Angry Birds, so the parks will be popular around the world.
21. People will find many familiar characters and colors in the park equipment(设备).
22. In the parks, people can play the Angry Birds game both indoors and outdoors.
23. The Chinese needn’t go abroad to visit Angry Birds-themed parks in the near future.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences（听随笔，完成下列内容，每空格限填一词）：（共7分）
24. These days, parents are ________ about their kids a lot more than before.
25. In the past, kids in ________ used to go to school on foot every day.
26. If children stay at home all the time, they will have ________ problems in later life.
27. The danger of letting kids go out by themselves is _________ than people think.
28. In order to let their kids grow up healthy, parents shouldn’t ________ them too much.
29. Over ________ % of British children are overweight because they seldom go outside.
30. If we want our children to be happy and healthy, give ________ back to them.
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar(第二部门词汇和语法)
II.Choose the best answer（选择最得当的谜底，用A、B、C或D暗示）: （共20分）
31. The Oxford English Dictionary is ________ useful tool for us to learn English.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
32. If you buy this mobile phone, you can get the earphone ________ free.
A. for B. with C. in D. by
33. Ben, show me your ________ hand. What’s in it?
A. the other B. another C. other D. others
34. My daughter only ate a little ________ and some milk for breakfast this morning.
A. milk B. bread C. noodle D. cookie
35. It’s ________ to know the customs of the country before you go there.
A. awful B. harmful C. careful D. helpful
36. Living in the new house on Kennedy Road is ________ than in the poor old one.
A. comfortable B. more comfortable
C. less comfortable D. the most comfortable
37. To be a good player, Nick practises ________ the ball into the net every day.
A. throw B. to throw C. thrown D. throwing
38. Mr. Smith had an important meeting just now, ________?
A. did he B. had he C. didn’t he D. hadn’t he
39. Stella gave a lot of money to the charity ________ she was not very rich.
A. if B. since C. though D. because
40. My cousin ________ to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower three times by last month.
A. has been B. has gone C. had been D. had gone
41. Many people think the pop song Gangnam Style sounds _______, but others don’t like it at all.
A. wonderfully B. terribly
C. wonderful D. terrible
42. Cars and buses ________ stop when the lights turn yellow according to the new traffic law.
A. must B. mustn’t C. need D. needn’t
43. Yesterday the teacher warned the students _______ out to play because of the heavy smog.
A. go B. to go C. not go D. not to go
44. While my father ________ through the evening paper, a stranger came into the dining room.
A. looked B. was looking C. had looked D. would look
45. I can’t answer your question because I know _________ about the subject.
A. a few B. few C. a little D. little
46. Jacky’s mother was surprised to see her son ________ all the food on the table quickly.
A. eat up B. look up C. take up D. give up
47. ________ fine weather it is! Let’s have a picnic in the park.
A. How B. What C. What a D. What an
48. A: ________ did you visit the Movie Park in Hollywood?
B: For about three hours.
A. How long B. How often C. How soon D. How far
49. Could you tell me ________ late for the meeting yesterday?
A. why were you B. why you were C. why are you D. why you are
50. --The sweater is too large. Would you mind showing me a smaller one?
--________. Here you are.
A. All right. B. That’s a good idea.
C. Yes, please. D. Of course not.#p#分页标题#e#
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each word or phrase can only be used once（将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词或词组只能填一次）（共8分）
A. driving B. at all C. why D. quietlyE. crowded
F. in public G. convenientH. how I. deal with
Dear Sunday Globe,
I’m writing to you about your article in last Sunday’s newspaper, “Cell Phones Make Life Easier.” You did an excellent job explaining the good points of cell phones. They’re ____51____ and very helpful in business. We feel safer always being able to call someone. On the other hand, you didn’t talk about their bad points ____52____. Thus, I hope you’ll let me give your readers some advice on cell phone etiquette (礼节).
The first point I’d like to address is loudness. When talking face to face ____53____, you wouldn’t shout. Likewise, don’t shout when you talk on your cell phone in public. In fact, the microphones in cell phones are so sensitive that you can be heard even if you speak ____54____. Furthermore, keep your ringer nice and quiet, and don’t let it ring in meetings, at the movies, etc.
Another point that needs to be made is to ____55____ personal space. I think it is very impolite to make calls in small spaces or ____56____ rooms. This makes others uncomfortable and forces them to listen to your personal business. That’s ____57____ I use my cell phone at least three metres away from other people except in emergencies.
Lastly, let me draw your readers’ attention to the dangers of doing two things at the same time. For example, cell phones and ____58____ are a bad combination. Pay attention to the road! Besides, cell phones can cause you to neglect good friends. Give friends who are with you your full attention. Turn off your cell phone and enjoy their company!
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子）：（共8分）
59. More and more ________ would like to go to Shanghai for a holiday. (tour)
60. Lily got a lovely doll as a present at her ________ birthday party. (five)
61. You are old enough to decide your future ________, children. (you)
62. Reading is a good way to relax and ________ our minds as well. (wide)
63. I hope to be able to cook as ________ as my mother when I grow up. (good)
64. The ________ snacks made Cathy feel sick a whole day. (health)
65. The Magic Hotel is ________ to people because it’s completely underwater. (attract)
66. Air is a ________ of gases with a certain quantity of solids and liquids. (mix)
V. Rewrite the sentences as required（按照所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词）：（共14分）
67. The journalist has already interviewed a lot of famous people. (改为否认句)
The journalist ________ interviewed many famous people ________.
68. You mustn’t take photos in the museum. (保持句意根基稳定)
You ________ ________ to take photos in the museum.
69. Julia spoke so fast that most of us couldn’t follow her. (保持句意根基稳定)
Julia spoke ________ fast for most of us ________ follow.
70. Kitty will return to her hometown from America in three years. (对划线部门提问)
________ ________ will Kitty return to her hometown from America?
71. Aunt Polly gave Tom a large cake for he painted the wall wonderfully. (改成被动语态)
Tom ________ ________ a large cake for he painted the wall wonderfully.
72. Air pollution was very serious in our city last year. (改成叹息句)
________ ________ air pollution was in our city last year!
73. “Did you make the cake yourself?” Jim asked Alice. (改为复合句)
Jim asked Alice________ ________ had made the cake herself.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部门读写)
VI. Reading comprehension（阅读领略）: （共50分）
A. Choose the best answer（按照随笔内容，选择最得当的谜底）:（12分）#p#分页标题#e#
I used to live in Kobe in Japan. On my way home on the bus every evening I used to look for an old man who often played his saxophone (萨克斯管) near the river. I couldn’t hear his music because the windows were closed on the bus but I imagined it to be loud and clear. I wanted to be like that man.
One night I went to Himeji, a city not far from Kobe. As I walked with my family along the river I saw a statue (雕像). It was a young man who looked just like me. He was wearing a cap and smiling. Around his neck was a leather strap (皮带) and in his hands was a saxophone. He was lifting the saxophone to his lips and he was just about to play. I stayed there for a long time by the statue dreaming of playing a saxophone on TV.
Two weeks later it was my birthday. Imagine my joy when I opened my present from my parents and found that it was a saxophone! I put it to my lips to play, but it wouldn’t make a sound. Then Dad told me to read the instruction book to find out what to do. After about 15 minutes the saxophone was ready to play. I raised it slowly to my lips as my family watched. But still there was no sound. I blew and blew but I couldn’t get the saxophone to play. I was almost crying when suddenly the saxophone made the most beautiful sound—loud and clear like I imagined the music of the man by the river in Kobe. I blew again, I moved my fingers on the saxophone and I made more sounds. I was happy because I was playing very interesting sounds. But I wasn’t playing music yet.
Then came the lessons. Night after night, week after week my teacher made me practice. Slowly I started to improve and at last there came the magic day when I started to play music. Now I’m in the TV studio with my saxophone strapped to my neck and my cap on my head. I’m always thinking of the man by the river in Kobe and the statue smiling at me in Himeiji. I’m a happy man.
74. On the bus, the writer couldn’t ________.
A. find an old man with a saxophone B. see a river
C. hear the old man’s music D. imagine the sound
75. The statue along the river made the writer think of ________.
A. having a saxophone
B. the old man near the river
C. having a cap and a saxophone as the boy
D. playing the saxophone on TV
76. The writer felt very pleased when _________ gave him a saxophone as a present.
A. his parents B. his teacher C. an old man D. a young man
77. The writer could get the saxophone to play ________.
A. as soon as he got it
B. 15 minutes later after he read the instruction
C. after he tried many times
D. after his father taught him
78. The underlined word “magic” shows that the writer ________.
A. was very surprised B. was very excited
C. learnt to play music easily D. didn’t know how to play music
79. What does the passage mainly talk about?
A. The magic day B. My birthday present
C. The old man and the statue D. My dream of playing saxophone
B.Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最得当的单词或词语完成随笔）:（12分）
As life-saver Christopher Walsh rescued his brother and then his sister from the water of a river, his mother shouted to him, “I’m proud of you!”
His mother Beryl sat proudly and watched last night 80 Christopher was given the ‘Child of Courage’ award by his favorite TV star.
Christopher was in the car with his mother, father, sister Rosie, 10, and brother Mac, 7, when his father drove into a metal barrier.
The family’s car fell down a hill into the river, 81 and landed with its wheels up.
Christopher, then 12, swam through a broken window and got out into the fresh air. Then he saw the rest of his family were still in the car—in the water.#p#分页标题#e#
He took a big 82 and swam back to save first Mac, and then Rosie. Christopher said, “I didn’t think about it and only knew I had to get them out. I was ____83 , but it was all happening so fast, and I didn’t really think about the danger.”
Christopher freed Mac to a safe place and then swam back to get non-swimmer Rosie, who was under the cold, cloudy water, in the car.
Christopher had to feel for her seatbelt because he could see 84____. He took the seatbelt off her, then went up for air. Finally he went back to pull her out of the car.
Beryl said: “When I got to the side and looked back, I thought Christopher and Rosie had gone. I thought they were 85 . Then I saw him come up out of the water like a dolphin, and I could see he had Rosie. I shouted across the river, ‘I’m so proud of you!”
Christopher’s father was badly hurt in the accident and was taken to a nearby hospital.
80. A. after B. though C. before D. as
81. A. turned on B. turned out C. turned over D. turned into
82. A. rest B. breath C. stone D. step
83. A. bored B. frightened C. surprised D. excited
84. A. nothing B. something C. everything D. anything
85 A. safe B. free C. injured D. dead
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在随笔的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给）:（14分）
I really like reading and writing short stories. These stories are usually about 6 to 20 pages long which f 86 on an interesting person, a problem which the person had, and what happened when the person tried to solve the problem. All societies seem to have an oral storytelling tradition in which people met t 87 to tell each other short stories, and in which parents told their children stories at bedtime. This was certainly true in England, in India, in Kenya, in Mexico and in Japan. Was it true in China too? In many countries, oral storytelling is still important, but in most countries now, stories are written down and p 88 in books. My favorite collection of short stories is a book called The Story Giant by Brian Patten in which a giant knows all the stories in the world e 89 one. If he doesn’t find the last story he’ll die. In the book he gets four children from different parts of the world to tell him stories in the hope that he will find the last story so he can stay a 90 and pass the world’s stories on forever. Do you think he finds the last story?
I also like reading novels. One of my favourite novels is called Life of Pi. It is written by a Canadian called Yann Martel, and is about an Indian boy who spends a long time at sea after a shipwreck (海难) a 91____ with nobody but a tiger. What about you? Do you have a favourite novel?
Not many people read plays these days, but many people still enjoy watching them at the theatre or on television. Perhaps the l 92 popular form of literature (文学) is poetry. This is because many poems are very difficult to understand, and often seem to be written and read by very clever people. I wish I could write poems which anybody can understand.
D. Answer the questions（按照随笔内容答复下列问题）:（12分）
Come to a party!
As you probably know, it’s my sister Suzie’s 16th birthday in a couple of weeks. We’re planning on throwing a surprise party for her. Julie’s going to pick her up from school as usual on Friday but she’s not taking her home. She’s bringing her to the Palace Hotel in the town centre, the big modern one near the station. We’re having a meal there and we’ve also hired the ballroom for a party in the evening. Can you come? I hope you’re going to sing for us at the karaoke!
All her friends from school are coming and quite a few of the people from our village. Of course, Mum and Dad are coming up from England and I’ve even managed to persuade our other sister, Marie, to come over from Australia. She’s bringing her kids with her, too. They’re all staying with us in our house.
Julie’s making a special cake. She says she’s going to make sure I don’t eat it all before the party. I don’t know what she means.#p#分页标题#e#
After the party we’re going to have another one on Saturday! Well, not really a party. We’re inviting the family and close friends (that includes you) for a meal at the house. If the weather is nice, we’d like to have a barbecue in the garden but we haven’t decided yet. Julie’s going to make another cake and she says she’s going to hide it. I’m not sure if she’s planning to hide it from Suzie or from me. I do like cakes.
Anyway we hope to make it a really special weekend for Suzie. On Sunday we’re all going for a walk in the country. You know how she loves walking and we’re all going to need a bit of exercise after all that lovely food. We’re hoping to go up to the lake. Marie said she wanted her kids to feed the ducks just like Suzie and she did when they were very young. I’m sure Suzie will love that too.
Anyway, it would be great if you could come over for the weekend. We would all love to see you.
Let me know as soon as you can.
93. Where are they planning to have a birthday party?
94. Are Suzie’s parents coming to the party from England or Australia?
95. How many cakes is Julie going to make in all?
96. Why is the writer planning to walk in the country on Sunday?
97. Who will feed the ducks on Sunday?
98. Do you think that Karen will join the party? Why?
99．Write a passage of at least 60 words on the topic “My favourite ________”（以“我最喜欢的________”为题写一篇不少于60个词的随笔，标点标记不占格。）
What’s your favourite…? Why do you like/love …? The following is only for reference.(请自行确定一个话题，并叙述来由。以下内容仅供参考。)