英 语 试 卷
Part 1 Listening(第一部门听力)
I. Listening Comprehension (听力领略): (共30分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture (按照你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共6分)
1. ______ 2. ______ 3. ______ 4. ______ 5. ______ 6. ______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (按照你听到的对话和问题，选出最得当的谜底): (共10分)
7. A) Noise pollution. B) Air pollution. C) Water pollution. D) Light pollution.
8. A) At the bank. B) At the restaurant. C) At the cinema. D) At home.
9. A) The grey one. B) The light blue one.
C) The dark blue one. D) The dark green one.
10. A) A doctor. B) A teacher. C) An officer. D) An engineer.
11. A) The woman’s hobby. B) The man’s hobby.
C) The woman’s job. D) The man’s job.
12. A) The woman is on a diet. B) The man is putting on weight.
C) The woman exercises regularly. D) The man exercises regularly.
13. A) At 7:10. B) At 7:20. C) At 7:30. D) At 7:40.
14. A) Nice. B) Busy. C) Relaxing. D) Quiet.
15. A) Maths. B) Physics. C) English. D) Chinese.
16. A) To a post office. B) To her friend’s home.
C) To a supermarket. D) To an office building.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判定下列句子是否切合你听到的随笔内容，切合的用“T”暗示，不切合的用“F”暗示):
17. Mr. and Mrs. Keller had three sons and two daughters.
18. Mr. and Mrs. Keller’s sons worked in the post office.
19. Mrs. Keller learnt the news of her son’s death on the phone.
20. Mrs. Keller stayed in hospital for two weeks after her son’s death.
21. Mrs. Keller’s elder daughter died when she was having an operation.
22. After her daughter’s death, Mrs. Keller didn’t dare to make phone calls.
23. With the doctor’s help, Mrs. Keller’s problem was solved in the end.
D. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following sentences（听对话，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词）:（共7分）
24. John and Helen will move into the new house in .
25. Helen is to buy some appliances for the new house.
26. The appliances store in this area is holding a .
27. The prices in that store will be reduced by .
28. John says they don’t have much money left this .
29. He suggests buying something that doesn’t too much.
30. John doesn’t think that they need to at all.
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar(第二部门词汇和语法)
II. Choose the best answer (选择最得当的谜底): (共20分)
31. Many people were late work this morning because of the heavy fog.
A) with B) by C) for D) about
32. My cousin is not old enough to look after when his parents are away.
A) he B) his C) him D) himself
33. People send text messages to greet each other New Year’s Eve.
A) in B) on C) at D) of
34. When Paul saw the button, he knew he had found useful for the case.
A) everything B) something C) anything D) nothing
35. You don’t need to buy butter today. We still have left.
A) a little B) a few C) many D) several
36. He just kept silent he knew clearly it was his turn to speak.
A) if B) because C) after D) though
37. Steven plans to make model this term after finishing this one.
A) the other B) the others C) another D) others
38. Jessica raised her painting enough for the whole class to see.
A) high B) higher C) highest D) the highest
39. You’d better follow the doctor’s advice, you won’t get well soon.
A) and B) so C) but D) or
40. Mike’s new camera was lost during his visit in Tibet, ?
A) was it B) was he C) wasn’t it D) wasn’t he
41. All the mails will be checked before they are sent.
A) care B) carful C) more careful D) carefully
42. You either set the alarm clock or ask for a morning call.
A) should B) may C) ought to D) must
43. I think Robert’s voice similar to your uncle’s on the phone.
A) hears B) sounds C) listens D) listens to
44. Wait a minute, let me you how to use this new dish-washer.
A) show B) to show C) showing D) will show
45. I don’t like taking a bus during rush hours. I would rather a bike.
A) to ride B) riding C) ride D) rode
46. It’s unnecessary for you so much luggage for a business trip.
A) carrying B) carry C) are carrying D) to carry
47. Last Thursday Jane told me she a piano test that weekend.
A) takes B) took C) would take D) had taken
48. Albert hates here and there to attend all kinds of boring conferences.
A) fly B) flying C) flies D) has flown
49. —I’m so excited! I didn’t expect my first interview could be so successful!
A) Thank you. B) Congratulations!
C) What a pity! D) Good idea!
50. —Do you mind if I open the window a bit wider?
A) Yes, please. B) Sorry to hear that.
C) Of course not. D) Yes, you’re right.#p#分页标题#e#
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each word or phrase can only be used once（将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每个单词或词组只能填一次）:（共8分）
A. snacks B. landed C. check in D. actually
E. close F. serious G. completely H. next to I. a couple of
I’ve finally arrived here in Paris. It has been a very long journey—I never knew that travelling could be so tiring!
I got a taxi to take me to the airport yesterday morning. I had to 51 two hours before the time on my ticket. I gave the airline my luggage, and got my boarding pass. Then I had to go through security. There, a 52 woman checked inside my other bags. After that, I still had an hour left, so I looked around some shops in the airport. I bought myself a magazine and some 53 for the trip.
I had never been on a plane before, so once I sat down I listened carefully to all the safety instructions. Then the plane took off. I was 54 to a window, so I was able to watch the ground slowly disappear.
The journey took ten hours, all the way from New York to Paris. I was given dinner and breakfast, and watched 55 interesting movies on the plane. When we arrived, I had to remember the time difference—the time in Paris is six hours ahead of New York, and I had to change my watch from midnight to six in the morning. I missed a whole night!
After we 56 and got off the plane, we went to find our bags. I was happy because I found my luggage quite quickly. The woman 57 me on the plane was not so lucky—her luggage was sent to a different place!
I took the bus into Paris, as the airport is 58 almost an hour away from the city center, I then had to carry my heavy luggage down onto the underground, and travel three stops to get to my hotel.
Now I am going to sleep, because I am tired. It was a long journey, but I think I am really going to have a great holiday in Paris.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their suitable forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词）:（共8分）
59. The lift went wrong when it came to the floor. (eight)
60. As I couldn’t find my mobile phone, Mum asked me to use . (her)
61. John has a big collection of from various kinds of plants. (leaf)
62. It was amazing that the young kid could recite the long poem . (correct)
63. Today I read an article about the famous Chinese Cai Lun. (invent)
64. Joan’s suggestion was really for me to make a right decision. (help)
65. He was so disappointed to find that his secretary was a person. (honest)
66. My friends helped me to a party for my grandparents. (organization)
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required（按照所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词）: (共14分)
67. Tom put the bottle of medicine on the top of the shelf. (改为否认句)
Tom the bottle of medicine on the top of the shelf.
68. The fruit you ordered on line will be delivered in two days. (对划线部门提问)
will the fruit you ordered on line be delivered?
69. The air pollution in our city is very serious. (改为叹息句)
the air pollution in our city is!
70. He went through many interviews in order to find a job he liked. (保持句意根基稳定)
He went through many interviews he could find a job he liked.
71. The sofa was very heavy. The removal man couldn’t carry it alone. (归并为一句)
The sofa was for the removal man to carry alone.
72. They have rebuilt the bridge twice since two years ago. (改为被动语态)
The bridge rebuilt twice since two years ago.
73. “Do you have a meeting to attend tomorrow?” I asked Jack. (改为宾语从句)
I asked Jack he a meeting to attend the next day.
Part 3 Reading and Writing(第三部门读写)#p#分页标题#e#
VI. Reading comprehension (阅读领略):(共50分)
A.Choose the best answer（按照随笔内容，选择最得当的谜底): ( 12分)
Sunday, October 16 Fine
Today was one of the best days of my life, as I did a skydive for the first time.
I was really nervous when I got onto the plane and it began to fly higher into the sky. All my family and friends were waiting in a field down below. To stop myself from feeling afraid, I had to keep telling myself why I was doing it.
I decided two weeks ago to take part in this skydive for charity because I wanted to raise money to build a library at my local school. I asked everyone I knew to sponsor(赞助)me. People were very generous. Since then I have spent hours every day learning the skills.
It was not long before the day arrived and I was walking onto the plane. It seemed hours had gone by as we started on the runway and took off into the clouds, but it can only have been a few minutes. The teacher checked everything for us one last time before opening the door. The cold wind rushed in, and I felt my heart beat faster. Finally, it was my turn to jump. The teacher then put his hand on my back and pushed me out of the plane!
Suddenly, I was falling through the sky. I was probably around three kilometers above the ground and going at a high speed. The plane disappeared in a few seconds, and I was completely alone, with the ground getting closer and closer all the time. It may seem a strange thing to say, but I felt as if I were a bird and quickly forgot all my worries and fears.
After around 30 seconds, I pulled the cord of the parachute(降落伞)on my back. I felt it pull me upwards as it opened, and then I began to float downwards to the ground below. Soon I landed in a field where my family were waiting.
I found it exciting to fall through the sky, but I was also very happy to have both my feet back on the ground again.
74. This article is a(n) .
A) letter B) diary C) advertisement D) speech
75. The weather today is .
A) cloudy B) rainy C) snowy D) sunny
76. The writer has learnt skydiving for .
A) 2 weeks B) 2 days C) several hours D) many years
77. The underlined part“doing it” in paragraph 2 refers to .
A) getting onto the plane B) doing the skydiving
C) getting so afraid D) talking to myself
78. The writer opened the parachute .
A) as soon as she left the plane B) a few minutes after she left the plane
C) thirty seconds after she left the plane D) thirty minutes after she left the plane
79. The money the writer has raised will be used for .
A) sending some children to school.
B) setting up a skydiving club in her school.
C) building a library at her local school.
D) building a new school in her neighborhood.
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最得当的单词或词语完成随笔）:（12分）
It was Tuesday evening, and the rain sounded like a drum as it hit the street outside. When I arrived at the house, I got out of the car and ran to the door. I knocked on it three times, 80 , and then knocked five times. The door opened quietly and a short man looked at me.
‘You’re late,’ Jim said.
‘I had to 81 that I wasn’t followed,’ I replied.
He turned and led me inside. I followed Jim to where Mike and Pete were sitting. I joined them, and looked down at the piles of paper that covered the table.
‘Are these the plans?’ I asked.
‘Of course,’ Pete smiled. ‘Now we know exactly where the bank holds the money, the gold and the jewels.’
‘And soon all of it will be 82 ,’ I said, smiling back at him.
‘This time next week, we’ll be sitting on a distant beach somewhere, and no one will ever find us,’ Pete said.#p#分页标题#e#
We spent the next hour rewriting the 83 for Friday. We decided that Mike would go in before lunch, to find out where the guard was standing. Pete and Jim would run into the bank with their guns ten minutes later. I would wait in the car outside and be 84 to drive them away when they had filled their suitcases with as much money as possible.
It was still raining on Friday. At exactly eleven o’clock, the three men came running out of the bank, each of them holding a gun and a suitcase full of cash.
I started the car immediately and drove 85 through the streets. Pete, Mike and Jim were all smiling to themselves. That would soon change, however, when they realized that we were going straight to a factory where the police were waiting.
80. A) waited B) shouted C) begged D) laughed
81. A) work out B) point out C) make sure D) be afraid
82. A) mine B) ours C) his D) theirs
83. A) letters B) cards C) stories D) plans
84. A) friendly B) ready C) free D) clever
85. A) angrily B) politely C) carefully D) quickly
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在随笔的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给):（14分）
“There is no love which is more sincere than the love of food,” said Anglo-Irish writer George Bernard Shaw. Like Bernard Shaw, many writers e 86 food very much, and they say and write interesting things about it.
British poet Owen Meredith(1831-1891) learnt a lot about food when he lived in Paris. He famously said, “We may live without friends, we may live without books, but civilized(文明的) men cannot live without c 87 .”
American writer Mark Twain also wrote a lot about food. “When you have t 88 watermelon,” he wrote, “you know what angels eat.”
American cookbook writer Alice May Brock has some simple rules about food from different
c 89 . “If you want to cook international food, it’s easy,” she wrote. “Put tomatoes on the plate and it’s Italian. Use soy sauce and it’s Chinese. A 90 wine to the recipe(食谱) and it’s French. Sour cream makes it Russian and lemon makes it Greek. But garlic makes it good! Cheers!”
Tea and coffee are even more i 91 for some people. There is a Chinese saying, “It is better to go without food for three days, than tea for one.”
American President Abraham Lincoln was often rude about the tea and coffee which was served to him. For example, he was in a Washington restaurant one day, and when the main meal was over, a cup of hot l 92 was placed in front of him. He drank a bit and was clearly angry. “Waiter,” he said, “if this is coffee, please bring me some tea; and if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.”
D. Answer the questions（按照随笔内容答复下列问题): ( 12分)
One Saturday afternoon, Tom and his sister, Viv, were having tea in a café. Tom was telling Viv about his history project. “On Monday I am giving a speech in front of the class. It will be about famous inventions,” Tom told Viv. “Let’s go to the public library and find a book on inventions,” suggested Viv. “We’ll call the library first to see what time it closes.”
They walked over to an old telephone box and went inside. Just as Viv was about to ring ‘1888’, the number for Directory Enquiries(电话号查询台), there was a loud crash outside the phone box. A woman had dropped her shopping bags.
Viv dialed the number. When she had finished, the telephone box started shaking, and a loud noise filled their ears. The shopping centre disappeared, and everything went dark. Suddenly there was a big bump. The telephone box stopped shaking and everything was quiet. Tom and Viv looked out of the window. They couldn’t believe their eyes! They were in the middle of a large field. Tom pushed the door and stepped outside.
“This is amazing!” he said. “I think we’ve travelled through time.”
Suddenly some men on horses appeared. They were wearing strange clothes. They saw the children and started riding towards them, shouting.
“Let’s get out of here!” Tom shouted. They ran back inside and closed the door behind them.#p#分页标题#e#
“Those men look like people from the past,” Tom said. “You dialed the number ‘1888’ for Directory Enquiries. If we dial ‘2010’, perhaps we’ll return home.”
Tom dialed the number. He was nervous, however, and dialed ‘3010’ by mistake. The telephone box started shaking again, and the field disappeared. There was another large bump. Looking outside, the children saw strange buildings and cars. A face suddenly appeared outside the window. The person had three eyes! Viv shouted with fear.
“I don’t want to be in the future. I want to go home,” said Viv.
Tom quickly dialed ‘2010’. Soon they were back in the shopping centre. Outside, a woman was picking up some shopping that she had dropped.
Tom recognized the woman. “We’re back! Let’s help that woman with her shopping,” he said.
“Thank you. You’re very kind,” the woman replied to Tom’s offer of help.
She turned to look at the children. Tom and Viv jumped in horror. Thewoman had three eyes…
93. What speech would Tom give in front of the class?
94. Did they know the telephone number of the public library?
95. How did they travel through time to the past?
96. Which number would enable them to go back home?
97. How did Viv feel when she saw a face with three eyes in the year 3010?
98. Where had the woman probably come from?
VII. Writing (作文): (共20分)
99. Write a composition in at least 60 words according to the given situation (按照所给情景写一篇不少于60词的随笔)
Suppose your school newspaper is holding a discussion about the topic “What makes a good class leader ”, please write an article about your opinion on the topic and give reasons.(如果你们的校报在组织一场关于“奈何才是好的班干部”的接头，请写出你的想法和来由。)