Module 6的主要内容为通过对本身和他人喜好的先容等勾当来进修简朴句的根基句型，重点进修have a look, tidy up, as a result, come out等短语的用法。从全书来看，本模块承接下一模块对并列复合句的进修和运用，内容有条理的展开，学生容易接管。
Unit 1 Do you collect anything?
fan, stamp, tidy up, shelf, as, coin, note, pound, dollar, cent, must, valuable, with, value, just
2. tidy up和have a look短语的利用。
PWP method, task-based method and interactive approach
A tape recorder, multimedia and some pictures
Step 1 Warming up
Ss look the pictures and answer the questions.
Step 2 New words
Look and say. The teacher shows the pictures of new words and let the students to say as quickly as possible.
fan, stamp, shelf, tidy up, have a look at, coin, note, pound, dollar, must, valuable
Step 3 Listening
1. Listen and find out who collects the things in the pictures.
Keys: Tony: a, c Tony’s father: b, c Tony’s mum: d, e
2. Answer the questions. Use the words and expression in the box to help you.
collect fan postcard stamp ticket tidy up toy
1) What does Tony’s mum want him to do?
2) Which hobby does Tony think is expensive?
3) Which hobby do you think takes up the most space?
Keys: 1) She wants him to tidy up his room.
2) Tony thinks stamp-collecting is expensive.
3) I think collecting toy cars takes up the most space.
Step 4 Reading
1. Listen to the conversation and answer the following questions.
1) Where did Lingling get fans?
2) Are the coins and notes valuable?
Keys: 1) People often give Lingling fans as presents.
2) Yes, they are.
2. Read the dialogue and mark T or F.
1) There are about sixty fans in Lingling’s house.
2) Lingling collects British pounds and US dollars.
3) Betty collects six or seven books of stamps from all over the world.
Keys: T, F, T
Now complete the notes.
Lingling’s hobby: ___________________
Betty’s hobbies: ____________________
Tony’s hobby: ______________________
Keys: 1) collecting fans
2) collecting coins and notes, collecting stamps
3) collecting bus and train tickets
Step 5 Everyday English
Sorry, it’s a bit of a mess.
Let me have a look.
Can I see them?
Step 6 Language points
1. Which hobby do you think takes up the most space?
take up 占用，从事
e.g. They take up too much space. 它们占了太多空间。
He decided to take up journalism. 他抉择从事新闻业。
2. Let me have a look.
have a look 看一看，后头不加名词。
have a look at sth. 看……, 后加宾语。
e.g. You’d better go to the factory and have a look. 你最好到厂里去看一看。
Let me have a look at the map. 让我看看这张舆图。
3. People often give me fans as presents because they know I like them.
as prep. 作为，当
e.g. The foreigner will come to our home as a guest.
4. They must be very valuable.
must be 肯定是，用于暗示确切判定。
e.g. In England traffic must keep to the left. 在英国，车辆必需靠左行驶。
He must be an honest boy. 他必定是一个厚道的孩子。
5. My hobby doesn’t cost as much as yours.
as … as 和……一样……
e.g. His fans are as valuable as yours. 他的扇子和你的一样有代价。
6. Their value isn’t always important.
value n. 代价;有用性
valuable adj. 值钱的;有代价的
e.g. This book will be of great value to him in his study.
This painting is very valuable. 这幅绘画很是宝贵。
Step 7 Complete the passage with the correct form of the words in the box
coin, dollar, pound, remember, shelf, somewhere#p#分页标题#e#
Many people collect things, like postcards and toys. They like to put them (1) __________ special to look at. Lingling collects fans and keeps them on a (2) ____ in her bedroom. Betty collects (3) _____ and notes, such as British (4) ______ and US (5) ______. She also collects stamps from all over the world. Tony collects tickets, but Betty thinks that you cannot do anything with old tickets. Lingling thinks that people also enjoy collecting things to (6) _________ something important in their lives.
Keys: somewhere, shelf, coins, pounds, dollars, remember
Step 8 Pronunciation and speaking
Listen and notice the intonation.
Let me have a look.
Do you collect anything?
Yes, I collect coins and notes.
Can I see them?
Now listen again and repeat.
Step 9 Grammar
主语 系动词 表语 状语
These books are interesting.
Tom is very happy today.
主语 谓语 状语
The first book came out in 2009.
The rain has stopped.
状语 主语 谓语 宾语 状语
I bought a very good book last week.
Every day my mother prepares breakfast for me.
Step 10 Writing
Ask and answer the questions about your hobbies in pairs.
What’s your hobby?
Why do you enjoy your hobby?
When did you start doing it?
How often do you …?
Where do you …?
Step 11 Exercises
1. Your room is a bit of a mess. Please ___ now.
A. tidy up it B. tidy it up
C. take up it D. take it up
2. -- May I ___ your book?
-- Mine is missing.
A. have a look B. have a look at
C. look D. hear
3. He will give a talk _____ our monitor in the hall.
A. for B. with
C. as D. from
4. The fan with a long history is _____.
A. value B. valuable C. wonderful
Keys: B, B, C, B
Step 12 中考链接
— I called you yesterday evening, but you were not in.
— Sorry, I ___ in the shop with my mother. 【2013重庆】
A. am B. will be
C. was D. have been
2. — Can Peter play games with us, Mrs. Hawking?
— Wait a minute. He ____ a shower. 【2013浙江绍兴】
A. is taking B. takes
C. took D. was taking
3. My uncle _____ books in the room at this time yesterday. 【2013绥化】
A. was seeing B. is reading C. was reading
4. — What ____ the noise, Bill?
— Sorry, I broke my glass. 【2013河南】
A. is B. was
C. has been D. will be
Keys: C, A, C, B
Step 13 Homework