1. A. B.
6. Where are they going to eat their lunch?
A. In the park. B. In the restaurant. C. In the office.
7. Why does Mary look so happy?
A. Because today is her birthday.
B. Because she’s won the first prize.
C. Because she’s passed the exam.
8.What did Sam do last Sunday?
A.Went to the town. B.Visited his dad. C.Cleaned the yard.
9.Where does the convers ation probably take place?
A. In a library. B. In a post office. C. In a bank.
10.What does the man mean?
A. He likes going on a picnic in autumn.
B. He won’t go on a picnic in bad weather.
C. He wants to go on a picnic with the woman.
11. Where is Helen from?
A. England. B. America. C. Japan.
12. What subject is Helen interested in?
A. Chinese. B. Maths. C. History.
13. When will Helen visit China?
A. This June. B. This July. C. This August.
14. How will Helen go to Beijing?
A. By plane. B. By ship. C. By train.
15. Why does Helen like New York best?
A. Because it’s both big and modern.
B. Because it’s both old and beautiful.
C. Because it’s both modern and beautiful.
They give me many ________.
Light goes ________ than ________.
I ________ ________ her before.
He arrived early ________ ________ ________ get a good seat.
I ________ ________ before six every day.
A. I will go to the History Museum.
B. You’re welcome.
C. Can I take a bus?
D. How long will it take me to walk there?
E. That’s such a pity!
F. Where is the bus stop?
G. Could you tell me the way to the History Museum?
A: Excuse me, sir. 6
B: Certainly. Go along this street. Turn left int o Xingfu Street, and the museum is on your right.
B: It’s about thirty minutes.
A: I see. 8
B: Yes, you can.A No.103 bus will take you there.
B: Over there. Look! The bus is coming.
A: Thank you very much.
11. climb the tree. It is dangerous.
A. Doesn’t B. Not C. Don’t D. Isn’t
12. Your classroom is so dirty. Everyone should keep it .
A. dry B. open C. clean D. quiet
13. It’s a good habit breakfast every day.
A. had B. have C. has D. to have
14. My grandma is ill. I have to ________ her at home.
A. look for B. look up C. look at D. look after
15. —Must I return the book tomorrow morning?
—No, you ________. You can keep it longer.
A. mustn’t B. can’t C. needn’t D. couldn’t
16. —Bob, may I your MP4?
—Sure. But you’d better not it to others.
A. lend; lend B. lend; borrow
C. borrow; borrow D. borrow; lend
17. —Must I finish the work tonight?
—No, you . But you finish it tomorrow.
A. can’t; need B. Mustn’t; may
C. needn’t; must D. mustn’t; can
18. —________ interesting the storybook is!
—Yes. I have read it twice.
A. What B. What an C. How D. How an
19. We be late for school.
A. have to B. don’t have to C. had better not D. had better not to
20. — Who is singing in the next room?
— It be Lucy. She likes singing at this time.
A. can B. must C. mustn’t D. should
21. —Would you like ?
—No, I’ve just had some bread.
A. something to drink B. something to eat
C. anything to drink D. anything to eat
22.—Kate, I’m going on business. Please look after well.
—Don’t worry, Mom. I will.
A. herself B. myself C. yourself D. himself
23. —Do you know ________?
—Yes, I do. He went by skateboarding!
A. whether Paul will go or not B. when will Paul go to the party
C. how Paul went to the party D. how did Paul go to the party
24. I think drinking milk is good ________ our health.
A. for B. to C. with D. at
25. —Look at the sign “No smoking!” You smoke here.
A. can’t; I won’t B. mustn’t; I will
C. won’t; It doesn’t mat ter D. mustn’t; I won’t
In a small town in France, there was a farmer who lived alone. Every day, he 26 a pound of butter to his neighbour, who was a baker. One day the baker decided to 27 the butter to see if he was getting a pound. After he weighed it, he found that he wasn’t. The baker then took 28 farmer to the judge(法官).
The judge asked the farmer if he had any way to weigh the butter. The farmer replied，“I am so 29 that I do not have enough money to buy anything to weigh it, 30 I do have a kind of scale(天平).” The judge asked, “Then how do you weigh the butter?”The farmer replied, “Before the baker started buying butter from 31 , I had bought bread from him. So now every time when I bring home the bread from the baker, I put it on the scale and give him the butter of the same weight.”
We 32 what we give to others in life. Whenever you take action, ask yourself this 33 , “Am I honest?”
Honesty or dishonesty can become a 34 . Some dishonest people can lie(说谎)without a red face. Others lie so much that the y do not even 35 what the truth is any more. But who is it bad for? As a matter of fact, those who lie will hurt themselves by their own dishonest behaviour.
26. A. gave B. fed C. threw D. sold
27. A. weigh B. watch C. cut D. use
28. A. / B. a C. an D. the
29. A. rich B. poor C. honest D. quiet
30. A. and B. so C. but D. or
31. A. I B. my C. me D. mine
32. A. get back B. look back C. give back D. turn back
33. A. answer B. question C. help D. idea
34. A. difference B. habit C. mistake D. difficulty
35. A. study B. mean C. imagine D. know
I have a rule for travel, never carry a map. I prefer to ask for directions.
Foreign visitors are often puzzled in Japan because most streets there don’t have names. In Japan, people use landmarks instead of street names. For example, the Japanese will say to travelers, “Go straight down to the corner. Turn left at the big hotel and go past a fruit market. The post office is across from the bus stop.”
In the country of the American Midwest, usually there are not many landmarks. There are no mountains, so the land is very flat. In many places there are no towns or buildings with miles. Instead of landmarks, people will tell you directions and distance. In Kansas (堪萨斯州), for example, people will say, “Go north two miles. Turn east, and then go another mile.”
People in Los Angeles, California have no idea of distance on the map. They measure(丈量) distance by telling time. “How far away is the post office?”you ask.“Oh,”they answer, “it’s about five minutes from here.”You say, “Yes, but how many miles away is it?” They don’t know.
People in Greece (希腊) sometimes do not even try to give directions because few visitors understand the Greek language. Instead of giving you the direction, a Greek will often say, “Follow me.” Then he’ll lead you through the streets of the city to the post office.
Sometimes a person doesn’t know the answer to your question. A New Yorker might say, “Sorry, I have no idea.” But in Yucatan, Mexico (墨西哥), no one answers “I don’t know”. People in Yucatan think that “I don’t know” is not polite. They usually give an answer, often a wrong one. A visitor can get very, very lost in Yucatan!
One thing will help you everywhere. You might not understand a person’s words, but maybe you can understand his body language. He or she will usually turn and then point in the correct direction. Go in that direction, and you may find the post office!
36. What do you think the word “landmarks” means?
A. Street names.
B. Building names.
C. Hotels, markets and bus stops.
D . Buildings or places which are easily seen.
37. In which place do people tell distance by telling time?
A. Japan. B. American Midwest.
C. Los Angeles, California. D. Greece.
38. In the passage, countries are written about by the wri ter.
A. seven B. four C. five D. eight
39. Which of the following is wrong?
A. Travelers can learn about people’s customs by asking questions about directions.
B. People in some places give directions, in miles, but people in other places give directions by telling time.
C. A person’s body language can help you understand directions.
D. People in different places always give directions in the same way—they use street names.
40. The passage mainly tells us that .
A. there are not many landmarks in the American Midwest
B. we never carry a map for travel
C. there are different ways to give directions in different parts of the world
D. New Yorkers often say “I have no idea”, but people in Yucatan, Mexico, never say this
Your schooldays should be some of the best and happiest days of your life. You shouldn’t waste this wonderful opportunity to learn. Here is our advice for you to have a happy school life.#p#分页标题#e#
Advice 1 Be active in school! Don’t say things are difficult or boring. Be interested in school life and your school subjects. Join lots of activities. Be quick to put your hand up. Go around the school with a big smile.
Advice 2 Expect to work. School is not a holiday camp. If you are not working，you are not learning，and you are wasting your time at school. Teachers cannot make everything enjoyable.
Advice 3 Keep fit. If you do not eat a good breakfast，you will be thinking about food in class. If you go to bed late and do not have enough sleep，you will be sleepy in class. Play some sports to keep your body strong.
Advice 4 Do today’s work today. Do not say you will do things tomorrow. If you get behind the class，it is very difficult to get back in front. You cannot finish a race if you rest all the time.
Advice 5 Don’t be too disappointed if things sometimes go badly. Everyone fails some tests，loses some matches and has bad days. Friends are not always perfect，and they sometimes say and do unpleasant things. Don’t let small problems seem very big and important.
Advice 6 Talk about problems—sometimes they are only the result of misunderstanding. Don’t be too embarrassed to ask for help. You are young. No one thinks you can do everything!
Advice 7 Plan your time. Don’t waste life lying in bed on Saturday morning. Go and play a sport，learn the piano，work on a project，read a book，practise English，or help someone with problems. There are always a lot of things to do.
41. One way to be active in school is to ________.
A. regard school as a camp B. do more difficult things
C. show interest in school subjects D. do more boring things
42. When the teacher can’t make things enjoyable, ________.
A. you can rest in class B. you can do your homework tomorrow
C. you’re still supposed to study hard. D. you can sleep
43. Getting enough sleep can help students ________.
A. keep in good health B. not think about food in class
C. answer teachers’ questions quickly. D. keep their body strong
44. Eric is in trouble. He is so unhappy after failing a test that he cannot eat or sleep. He needs to read ________.
A. Advice 3 B. Advice 5 C. Advice 6 D. Advice 7
45. Which of the following is True according to the article?
A. Friends are always perfect.
B. You should ask for help if you need.
C. You needn’t plan your time on weekends.
D. Be slow to put up your hand.
为了使同学们与人来往时举止越发文雅，你校学生会正在举行以“How to behave well?”为主题的英语征文角逐，请你写一篇随笔。(以上配景内容无需表述)
How to behave well?
Behaving well is the secret of getting on well with others.
1. My foot hurt yesterday.
2. I take an apple to school every day. It’s good for my health.
3. The girl was playing ping-pong in the gym from eight to nine yesterday morning.
4. I will visit Zhongshan park with my parents next week.
5. Betty and John often practice playing the guitar at school on Friday afternoon.
6. W: I have bought lunch, so we can eat in the park.
M: That’s great. It’ll be more fun.
7. M: Hi, Mary. You look so happy.
W: Yeah. I’ve won the first prize in the dance show.
8. W: Sam, did you drive to the town last Sunday?
M: No, I stayed at home and helped my dad clean our yard.
9. W: I’d like to buy five stamps and three postcards.
M: That’ll be four dollars.
10. W: What about going on a picnic?
M: In such weather? You must be joking!
Helen is my friend from London. She is 13 years old now. She is interested in history and good at it. Every summer she travels with her parents. She believes that travelling is an important part in her life. Of all the places she has visited, she likes New York best because it is both modern and beautiful. She has learnt that China is a large country with lots of interesting places. This July, her family are coming to China. I’m very happy to know that they will first come to my city. They will stay here for 2 days. I will show them around the city. Then they will fly to Beijing. I’m sure they will have a nice time in China.
谜底：1~5 ABCCB 6~10 ABCBB 11~15 ACBAC
Ⅰ. 1. suggestions 2. faster, sound 3. remember meeting 4. in order to 5. wake up
Ⅱ. 6. G 由答语中Certainly. Go along...可判定唯有G项“你能汇报我去汗青博物馆的路吗?”切合题意。
7. D 按照答语中的thirty minutes可知前句应为How long开头的非凡疑问句。
8. C 按照答语中的Yes, you can.可推知上文应为一般疑问句Can I ...?
9. F 按照上文询问可否乘坐民众汽车，以及下文民众汽车来了可知，此处询问民众汽车站的位置。
10. B 按照上文Thank you very much.可知答语应为You’re welcome.
Ⅲ. 11. C 祈使句的否认形式是在动词前加don’t。
12. C clean作形容词，意为“清洁的”，与dirty反义。
13. D 此处it是形式主语，不定式是真正的主语。
14. D look for “寻找”;look up “(在辞书等中)查找”;look at “看……”;look after “照顾”。由句意“我奶奶生病了，我不得不在家照顾她”知选D。
15. C 以must开头的问句，否认答复一般用needn’t或don’t have to。故选C项。
16. D borrow“借入”;lend“借出”。
17. C must引导的一般疑问句，其否认答语用needn’t。must暗示“必需”。
18. C interesting是形容词，故叹息句应由how引导。句子布局为“How+形容词/副词+主语+谓语(+其他)!”句意：“这本故事书是何等有趣啊!”“是啊，我已经读了两遍了。”
19. C had better not do sth.“最好不做某事”。
20. B must be“必然是”，暗示猜测。
21. B would like暗示委婉请求，所以用something;由答语“不，我刚吃了些面包”可确定用eat。
22. C 本题观察反身代词。由题意“请照顾好你本身”知用look after+反身代词，故选C。
23. C 本题观察宾语从句的引导词及语序。由答语中的“He went by skateboarding!(他滑滑板去的!)”可知上句询问方法，因此引导词用how，解除A、B两项;宾语从句要用告诉语序，解除D项。故选C。
24. A be good for“对……有益”。由句意“我认为喝牛奶对我们的康健有益”可知选A项。
25. D No smoking!暗示“克制抽烟!”，所以第一个空用mustn’t;第二个空用I won’t。
Ⅳ. 26. D 由文意知，农夫天天都把一磅黄油卖给他的邻人——面包师。故选D。
27. A weigh“称……的重量”;watch“寓目”;cut“切，割”;use“用”。由句意“一天，面包师抉择称一下黄油的重量，看看他是否获得了一磅黄油”知选A。
28. D 因为这个农夫在上文已经提到过，故此处其前要用定冠词the。
29. B rich“富的，有钱的”;poor“贫穷的”;honest 厚道的”;quiet“宁静的”。由句意“我那么穷以至于没有足够的钱买任何对象称它……”知选B。
30. C 本题观察并列连词的用法。句意：……但我有一种天平。上下句之间存在着转折干系，故选C。
31. C 介词后需用人称代词的宾格形式。句意：在面包师从我这里买黄油之前我已经从他哪里买了面包。故选C。
32. A get back“收回”;look back“向后看”;give back“偿还”;turn back“往回走”。由句意“在糊口中我们收回了我们所给以别人的”知选A。新课 标 第 一 网
33. B 句意：你无论什么时候采纳动作，都问本身这个问题：“我厚道吗?”要问的“问题”用question暗示。故选B。
34. B difference “差异”;habit “习惯”;mistake “错误”;difficulty “坚苦”。由句意“厚道或不厚道城市成为一种习惯”知选B。#p#分页标题#e#
35. D study“进修”;mean“意味着”;imagine“设想”;know“知道”。由句意“另一些人撒谎那么多以至于他们甚至不再知道什么是实话了”知选D。
Ⅴ. 36. D 由第三段所举的例子可知，landmarks的意思是“容易看到的修建物或处所”。
37. C 由第四段中的“People in Los Angeles, California have no idea of distance on the map. They measure (丈量) distance by telling time.”可知。
38. B 作者写了Japan, America, Greece, Mexico这四个国度。
39. D 由全文内容可知。
40. C 文章的主题是世界各地有差异的指路方法。
41. C 在Advice 1中，由“Be interested in school life and your school subjects.”知本题应选C。
42. C 由Advice 2的标头“Expect to w ork.”及最后一句“Teachers cannot make everything enjoyable.”知本题应选C。
43. A 由Advice 3中“假如你上床睡觉很晚而且没有足够的睡眠，在教室上你将昏昏欲睡。”知足够的睡眠能辅佐学生保持康健，故选A。
44. B 由句意“Eric处于贫苦之中，在一次测验失败后他如此不兴奋以至于吃不下睡不着。”知这与Advice 5描写相一致，故选B。
45. B 由Advice 5知，A项中are后应加not;由Advice 7中“Don’t waste life lying in bed on Saturday morning.”知C项是错误的。由Advice 1中的 “Be quick to put your hand up.”可知D项错误。故选B。
Ⅵ. One possible version:
How to behave well?
Behaving well is the secret of getting on well with others.
As a student，I think it’s very important to do everything on time and keep promises. Never lie to others or say dirty words. We should be polite to others and ready to help people in need. We’d better not talk loudly in public. Don’t throw litter or spit about. And remember to obey traffic rules.
Finally，learn to work with others. We need good teamwork in our life.