1. –Did you buy ____for Linda’s birthday?
--Not really. Just some flowers.
A. something special B. anything special C. special something D. special anything
2. The movie was ___ and we saw it again.
A. enough bring B. boring enough C. enough interesting D. interesting enough
3. -- _____ do you visit your grand parents?
-- Three or four times a month.
A. When B. Why C. How often D. How many
4. –What a nice meal! It’s really kind of you to invite us.
--_______. I’m glad you like it.
A. Not at all B. Sounds good C. Well done D. That’s right
5. I don’t think junk food is good _____our health.
A. at B. for C. to D. with
6. –Time is money.
--But I think time is ______ money.
A. as important as B. more important as
C. the most important in D. more important than
7. –What’s the weather like in your city today?
--Fine. A little cold, _______.
A. but B. so C. and D. though
8. _____ is quite easy ____me to finish the job on time.
A. It; of B. That; of C.It; for D. That; for
9. Li Ping and Wang Fang ___ black eyes.
A. has both B. have both C. both have D. both has
10. _____you don’t give up, your dream will come true.
A. As well as B. As soon as C. As long as D. As for as
11. --______I swim here?
--I’m sorry. Children ____be alone(独自的) here.
A. Must; can’t B. May; must C. Can; mustn’t D. Can’t; can
12. He is a very ______ student. He does homework ________ in our class.
A. careful; carefully B. careful; the most carefully
C. carefully; careful D. the most careful; the most carefully
13. –What does he _____soap operas?
--He can’t __.
A. think of; stand it B. like; mind them C. think of; stand them D. think; love it
14. Mr Green is a tall man _____ short hair.
A. with B. in C. has D. have
15. What is he going to _____when he _______up?
A.do; will grow B.does; grows C.be; will grow D.be; grows
16. If you want to be thinner and healthier, you’d better eat ____junk food and take ____exercise.
A.more; less B.fewer; more C.less; more D.more; fewer
17. There ______ a football match in our school the day after tomorrow.
A.will have B.is going have C.will be D.has
18. Don’t forget to _______the lights when you leave the classroom.
A.turn on B.turn off C.turn up D.turn down
---It’s Saturday the 20th.
A. What day is it B. What’s the date C. When is D. What is
20. Do you know if _______back next week? If he _________ back, please let me know.
A.he comes; will come B.will he come; comes C.he will come; comes D.he comes;comes
1.---Here is _____ advice for you.
---Thanks a lot.
A.a B.an C.some D.a piece
2. Michael often makes _______mistakes, because he never reads_______.
A.careful; carefully B.careless; careful C.careless; carefully D.careful; carelessly
3. --Karen, I’m so sorry i can’t come to your party. I have to study for the coming test.
--That’s too bad. Maybe ____ time.
A.other B.others C.another D.the other
4. --______ I reply to the invitation by next Tuesday?
--Of course, you must.
A. Can B. Might C. Could D. Must
5. The terrible earthquake made some old houses _________.
A.fall down B.fell down C.to fall down D.falling down
6. If you don’t want to accept the gift, you can ____.
A.turn down it B.turn it down C.turn off it D.turn it off
7. We should use fewer plastic(塑料) bags in our daily life _____they can cause serious pollution.
A.and B.but C.because D.if
8. --Can people see the Olympic Games?
--Every four years.
A. When B. How often C. How long D. What time
9. --Can you tell me your prediction?
--I predict there will be less______ in the future.
A.people B.planets C.mice D.pollution
10. Without _______, Kelly went into her bedroom.
A.say something B.saying something C.say anything D.saying anything
11. There _______ a wonderful concert in two days in Chongqing University.
A.is B.was C.will is D.is going to be
12. UME has _______seats in Shapingba. That’s why many people like going there.
A.comfortable B.more comfortable C.most comfortable D.the most comfortable
13. ________ is good for your health. You should have more.
A. Junk food B. Coffee C. Medicine D. Yogurt
14. I like playing basketball. I hope I can be as _______as Yao Ming in the future.
A.successful B.more successful C.successfully D.more successfully
15. --I went to New York this summer vacation.
--It’s a good place for shopping. Did you buy anything for ______?
A.you B.your C.yourself D.yourselves
16. --It’s _____colder today than it was yesterday.
-- Yes, don’t you see I am wearing a thicker coat?
A.pretty B.more C.much D.little
17. Look! All the student are preparing _______ the final exam.
A.to B.of C.for D.on
18. --What is your birthday wish?
--I wish i could become a famous magician before my ________birthday.
A.thirty B.thirtieth C.the thirty D.the thirtieth
19. --Can you go to the movie theater with me tonight?
--______. I am busy with my schoolwork.
A. Sure. B. I’d love to C. I don’t know D. I’m afraid i can’t
20. --Jenny sings more beautifully than before.
--_____. Because a famous singer taught her how to sing last year.
A. I hope so B. I don’t think so C. I agree with you D. She was better before