The background of students
From our classroom observation, the students in Class3, Grade1 in 海南琼山华侨Middle School (senior high) are described as follows:
● the basis of the class: The class is a large class with 76 lovely and energetic students (58girls and 18 boys).
● the attitudes: most of the students are not interested in the study of English .In the English class, few students sitting in the front of class would listen to the lesson.
Most of the students are sleeping, talking, looking the telephone, all of them are absent-minded. They think learning English is useless and the English class is the most boring class.
● the ability: only the students in front of the classroom can answer the teacher’ questions. But such kind of students is few in this class.
Our teacher even told us, some students in her class cannot tell the 26 English letters.
From our observation, we find some students cannot spell some words, even some very easy words. The ability of this class is low
● the strategies: Students would like to talk and they also cannot say something in the classroom ,they only can use some short sentences to express their idea .
while the teacher explains about language points but they have not formed the habit of taking notes. Most of the students’ books are unbelievably new.
The students sitting at the behind of the classroom cannot concentrate their mind from the beginning to the end of the class.
● The teacher should :
(1) Pay more time to stay with students, and try to gather some information of the students, knowing the advantages and disadvantages of each student.
(2) Design the lesson carefully; try to make the lesson understood by every student. Please pay more attention to the students sitting behind classroom.
(3) Remind Ss of taking notes about some key words or sentences during the process of listening:
(4) More language support should also be in the teacher’s consideration.
Sometimes in the English class, Chinese is the best way to explain something to the students.
(5)Improve the atmosphere of the class to active the students.
Make the students regain the interest, motivation and enthusiasm. Like: stories, jokes, games, quiz,
Main Learning Objectives
★ learn some words of countries. cities .language and some expressions
E.g. the words in the table. Let the students know some major European countries cities and languages.
Present some idiom and expression on the blackboard: all Greek to someone, all roads to Rome.
★ let students talk their favorite country and present the sentence structure
Use the sentence pattern: the city is the capital of the country to find out to other capitals.
Let the students open their mouth and say something about their favorite European country.
★ know the location of some major European countries and learn some new words
Use the picture in the book, combine with the picture drawn by the teacher on the blackboard..
英语说课稿Introduce myself Good afternoon, everyone. Im Zhou Yan. Im an English teacher from Experimental School of ...【详细】