1. The squirrel was lucky that it just missed ________.
A. catching B. to be caught C. being caught D. to catch
2. She didn’t remember ________him before.
A. having met B. have met C. to meet D. to have met
3. — What do you think of the book?
— Oh, excellent. It’s worth ________a second time.
A. to read B. to be read C. reading D. being read
4. I can hardly imagine Peter ________across the Atlantic Ocean in five days.
A. sail B. to sail C. sailing D. to have sailed
5. I would appreciate ________back this afternoon.
A. you to call B. you call C. your calling D. you’re calling
6. We are considering ________the plan.
A. being changed B. changing C. to change D. to be changing
7. We advise ________another experiment.
A. to make B. we’ll make C. making D. our making
8. “Keep silent!” the monitor told the boys to stop ________.
A. to talk B. talk C. talking D. being talked
9. People couldn’t help ________foolish emperor in the procession.
A. to laugh B. to laugh at C. laughing at D. laughing
10. Hearing the exciting news, I couldn’t ________with joy.
A. stop jumping B. resist jump C. but to jump D. help jumping
11. Can you imagine ________in winter?
A. to swim B. being swum C. swimming D. to be swimming
12. I don’t think your hair needs ________now.
A. cutting B. being cut C. to cut D. cut
13. He said the table wanted ________.
A. to repair B. repairing C. repaired D. being repaired
14. He wants ________the table ________.
A. having; repairing B. to have; repairing C. having; repaired D. to have; repaired
15. They forbid ________in the office.
A. to smoke B. smoking C. to be smoking D. smoke
16. Have you finished ________the TV set?
A. to repair B. your repairing C. having repairing D. repairing
17. Now it is clear to me that he is honest and I do regret ________he was a cheat.
A. to say B. say C. that D. having said
18. I regret ________you that I can’t go to your birthday party.
A. to tell B. telling C. of telling D. having told
19. Let’s try ________the work another way, for we should try ________everything done in time.
A. to do; to get B. doing; getting C. doing; to get D. to do; getting
20. Oh, by the way, do you mind ________a letter for me?
A. posting B. to post C. your posting D. if you can post
21. It’s a good habit ________aloud early in the morning.
A. practice to read B. to practice reading C. practicing to read D. to practice and read
22. As you know, studying means ________hard.
A. work B. to work C. working D. that we work
23. The floor requires________, so the students are required ________the work.
A. washing; to do B. to wash; doing C. washing; doing D. to wash; to do
24. The lake is polluted. We don’t allowed ________here.
A. swimming B. to swim C. anyone swim D. for anyone to swim
25. Why have they delayed ________the sports meet?
A. hold B. holding C. to hold D. having held
26. The doctor advised the old man to give ________drinking.
A. in B. off C. out D. up
27. He went on ________until everyone was bored.
A. to talk B. talking C. with talk D. the talk
28. On the way home Bill ________on ________his father such a lot of questions.
A. kept; to ask B. continued; to ask C. kept; asking D. continued; asking
29. Have you decided to put off ________to Shanghai?
A. to go B. to leave C. going D. leaving
30. — What are you going to do this afternoon?
— I’m thinking of ________to visit my aunt.
A. go B. going C. having gone D. my going
31. The naughty boy was afraid ________by his teacher.
A. to scold B. to be scolding C. of scolding D. of being scolded
32. He insisted ________a picture for the wall newspaper.
A. I would draw B. me to draw C. my drawing D. on my drawing
33. There is still hope ________the ticket.
A. our buying B. of our buying C. to us buying D. for buying
34. Have you made any plan for ________the day?
A. congratulating B. you congratulating C. celebrating D. you celebrating
35. Modernization is the key ________up our agricultural development.
A. to speed B. of speeding C. for speeding D. to speeding
36. ________home, he went to bed.
A. To reach B. As soon as reached C. On reaching D. In reaching
37. They hurried on for fear ________.
A. to catch the rain B. of catching the rain
C. to be caught in the rain D. of being caught in the rain
38. The man will die ________at once.
A. not to operate B. without operate on him
C. if don’t operate D. without being operated on
39. I think the book worthy ________.
A. reading B. to read C. of being read D. of reading
40. He used to ________cards with his friends, but now he is used to ________a walk after supper.
A. play; taking B. playing; take C. play; take D. playing; taking
41. We look forward to ________a trip to Hangzhou.
A. make B. making C. be on D. go on
42. He doesn’t feel like ________to the exhibition today.
A. to go B. going C. come D. that he is
43. After cooking, Mother ________making tea.
A. set out B. set about C. set off D. start off
44. She’s got used ________English in the morning.
A. to read B. reading C. to reading D. to be reading
45. She takes great pleasure ________other.
A. to help B. in helping C. by helping D. with helping
46. It’s cold; do you mind ________the window?
A. for me to close B. if I close C. whether I close D. your closing
47. ________in the examination made her parents very angry.
A. Sue failing B. Sue’s fail C. Sue’s failing d. Sue to have failed
48. ________staying up so late is bad for his health.
A. He’s B. His C. He D. Him
49. I don’t like strangers ________to our talk.
A. listening B. listen C. hearing D. hear
50. Father suggested ________an umbrella.
A. me to take b. for me to take C. my taking D. I must take
51. She was afraid of ________to see her.
A. Peter’s not going B. not Peter’s going C. Peter’s doing not go D. Peter going not
52. I understand ________to go to the meeting.
A. who B. when C. your not wanting D. not your wanting
53. ________to help was a great encouragement to us.
A. They coming B. They come C. Their come D. Their coming
54. I can’t excuse her ________like that.
A. talking B. to talk C. talk D. being talked
55. Behind the ________there is a big ________.
A. writing desk; looking glass B. written desk; looking glass
C. writing desk; looked glass D. written desk; looked glass
56. We must do something to prevent the lake ________.
A. to be polluted B. from polluting C. off being polluted D. being polluted
57. They would rather spend time ________than ________in the street.
A. studying; wandering B. studying; wander C. to study; wandering D. to study; wander
58. There is no use ________it any further now.
A. our discussing B. for us to discuss C. we discussing D. of us to discuss
59. ________newspapers every day can add to one’s common sense.
A. Reading B. Read C. By reading D. If reading
60. —What made you so worried?
A. Because I missed B. Because of missing C. I missed D. Missing#p#分页标题#e#
1—10. CACCC BCCCD 11—20. CABDB DDACA 21—30. BCAAB DBCCB 31—40. DDBCD CDDCA 41—50. BBBCB BCBAC 51—60. ACDAA DBAAD