Module 6 Save our world
写：能在写作中就情况问题用should/shouldn’t, Do/Don’t等句型提出发起，并能用because, so, so that句型扼要说明来由。能简朴先容环保办法，劝说人们加强环保意识。运用情景，详略恰当。
Unit1 It’s wasteful to throw away paper and metal.
1. Students will learn and master some new words and phrases, such as waste, wasteful, throw away, metal, save energy, pollution, recycle, environmental, hopeless, enjoyable, be careful about, waste electricity, turn lights off , stop… from doing
2. Students will learn some rules of word formation, especially about prefix (re-, un-, im-,in-, dis-…) and suffix( -al, -able, -ful, -less, -ly…)
Students will be able to
1. understand the conversation about the environment.
2. talk about how to protect the environment with sentence structure like “We should/shouldn’t…and Don’t…”.
3. know the rules of word formation, such as wasteful, hopeless, reusable, and environmental.
Students will know some environmental problems, and will realize how serious they are.
1. Students will learn the new words and phrases.
2. Students will get information from the listening material.
3. Students will learn and know some rules of word formation, such as wasteful, hopeless, reusable, and environmental .
I. Lead in
environment n. environmental adj.
We all want to live in a beautiful_____________. There are so many __________ problems .
pollute v. pollution n.
The water is . Water ___________ is very serious now.
waste n. v. wasteful adj.
Don’t _________ water. It’s ________________ to throw away the food.
The machine can _____________ the bottles. The bottles can __________ by the machine.
electricity electric adj. electrical adj.
We use ____________ when we turn on lights.
energy n. energetic adj.
Electricity is a type of (一种)_______. My little brother is _______, and he never feels tired.
II. Word Study
III. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
1.Turn off that tap(水龙头)! You shouldn’t __________ water.
2. Every class collects __________ waste.
3. We should __________ the old books.
4. _____________ pollution is serious now.
5. It’s wasteful to ______________ paper and metal.
IV. Listen and fill in the chart.
What can you see in the photo? It’s a ______, and it’s causing a lot of ________.
Where does the pollution go? It goes into the ______ and the _________.
What can we do about it? There should be some _______ against(阻挡)that.
What about the other photo? It’s a place where you can _______ waste products.
Why do we need to do that? To ________ _______.
V. Listen and answer
1. Whose email have they got?
2. What is a green school?
VI. Answer the questions
1. How did Zhao Ming feel when he read the article?
2. What does a green school do? Give one example.
3. Why is it wasteful to throw away glass and paper?
4. What happens if we don’t turn off lights?
VII.Complete the sentences according to the passage.
1. Zhao Ming first saw New Standard while ____________________________
2. Zhao Ming wants to know when _________________________________
3. In a green school everyone _______________________________________
4. We can save our world if _________________________________________
VIII. Read A3&A4, then work in pairs. Say what you should do about these problems.
--We should stop the factories from polluting the river.
--I agree. And we should stop them from polluting the air as well.
stop sb/sth from doing… 阻止……做……
IX. Language points:
1. environment n. 情况
environmental adj. 情况的
environmentally adv. 情况地
2. waste n. & v. 挥霍 use v. 利用
wasteful adj. 挥霍的 reuse v. 从头操作
wastefully adv. 挥霍 reusable adj. 可再操作的
3. hope n. & v. 但愿
hopeless adj. 但愿迷茫的
hopelessly adv. 但愿迷茫地
hopeful adj. 布满但愿的
hopefully adv. 布满但愿地
4. be careful about /of 审慎看待 throw away 扔掉 raise money 集资
save energy 节省能源 collect reusable waste 收集可再用的废品
such as 譬喻 turn off封锁 waste electricity 挥霍电
stop sb. from doing sth. 阻止或人做某事
X. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in the box.
enjoy environment care waste reuse hope
1. Cycling to school is both ____________ and environmentally friendly.
2. You really need to be _________ with things bad for the environment.
3. Everybody can do a little bit to help with ________________ problem.
4. It is _________ to throw away the ___________ shopping bags.
5. Scientists are ________ about new ways to save energy.
2. -ful 由名词转换成形容词的后缀。暗示：full of
4. -ly 由形容词转换成副词的后缀。
5. -able 由动词转换成形容词的后缀。暗示： “can be… 大概、易于、适合于”
6. re- 前缀。暗示：…again
Everyone agrees we must _____ _____ _____ the environment.
It’s _____ to ______ ______ glass, paper and metal.
We should ____ the factories _____ _______ the river.
Every class ______ _______ waste, sells them for _________.
When are you going to ______ ______ ____________ education?
We can ______ our world ____ everyone thinks about ________ and recycling.
1. Do exercises of Unit1,Module4 in Target Exercise Book.
2. Read the conversation on page42 and try to recite the sentences in Activity6.
Unit 2 Remember three words:reduce, reuse, recycle
Students will learn#p#分页标题#e#
1.the new words and phrases, such as reduce, reuse, necessary, plastic, repair, care, instead, instead of, cloth, sort, harm, do harm to, difference, make difference to , product, material, bottle ,as … as possible , take part in
2. consolidate the rules of word formation: prefix (re-, ) and suffix ( -al, -able, -ful, -less, -ly)
3.Read and understand about the passage about the environment.
1.Students will be able to get the main idea of each paragraph .
2.Students will be able to make suggestions about environmental protection with using should/shouldn’t, so, because and so that.
3.Students will be able to write a short passage about protecting environment.
Students will know that they can do something to protect environment, although they are young.
Students will learn to make suggestions with should /shouldn’t, do and don’t and give reasons using because, so, and so that.
The grammar: prefix and suffix
I. To try to write a short passage about the environment.
careful, careless, hopeful, hopeless, usable, reuse, reusable, useless, wasteful, impossible, unlike, dislike, likable, unusual
It’s better for Chinese people to buy Chinese products than products from abroad. In my opinion, we can save money, save the expenses(用度)of transportation and so on.
I think it’s better to use a plastic lunch box and a china cup because you can use them again/reuse.
It’s much better to recycle used things than burn them. In this way, we can use less energy; also, burning pollutes the air.
II. Word study:
1. reduce 减小,淘汰
12. instead of取代，而不是
14. air conditioning空调
17. do harm to对… 造成伤害
18 make a difference to对…发生重大影响
III. Try to answer these questions:
1. Do you try to walk or ride a bike to school?
2. Do you buy new clothes just because they are latest fashions?
3. Do you open a window instead of turning on air conditioning?
4. Do you buy things produced locally instead of made abroad?
5. Do you take your own cloth bag when shopping instead of using plastic bags?
6. Do you sort the waste before throwing it away?
IV. Match the main ideas with the paragraphs.
a. questions about how green you are
b. three ideas
c. facts about reducing
d. facts about recycling
e. environment facts and what our young people should do
f. facts about reusing
V. Read and answer :
1. What is “reduce”? 2. Why should we reduce? 3. What should we do to reduce?
VI.Read the passage again give reasons for what you should or shouldn’t do.
1.You shouldn’t buy the latest fashion because_____________________________
2.You should choose local products because______________________
3. You shouldn’t waste energy because __________________________
4. You shouldn’t buy things from abroad because_______________________
5.You should repair things because ___________________________
6. You shouldn’t use paper bags and cups because__________________
7. You shouldn’t throw things away because_____________________.
8. You shouldn’t burn things because __________________________
VII. Language points:
1. care about 暗示“体贴，介怀，在乎”
care for sb 暗示“照顾; 喜欢”的意思
She’s never cared very much about her clothes.
eg: (1) She moved back home to care for her parents.
(2) He cared for her very much.
2. do harm to “ 对------有害处” do good to “ 对 ------有长处”
We should protect animals and should never ______ _____ ____ them.
Eating lots of vegetables will _____ ____ ___ you.
3. everyday adj. “逐日的，天天的”，用来修饰名词。eg: everyday English
every day “天天”，在句中做时间状语。
4. make a difference to “对------发生重大影响”
This great invention will ______ _____ __________ _______ our life.
5. as + adj./adv.原形+as possible “ 尽大概---的 /地 ----”
eg: 尽大概地早到校。 Get to school as early as possible.
你尽大概多读一些英语故事书。You should read story books _____ ____ ____ ______.
6. change… into… “把… 酿成…” “把… 换成…”
eg: They changed the waste yard(垃圾场) into a beautiful garden.
7. although "固然…可是…"
eg: Although he didn't feel well this morning, he still went to work .
8. so that " 以便， 为了”
eg: Turn off lights when you don't need them so that we can save energy.
9. instead of “取代， 而不是”后头接名词、代词和动名词。
eg: 我代你去开会。 I will take part in (介入)the meeting ________ ______ ______.
VIII. Give more suggestions about how to be green.
Don’t throw bottles away because it’s better to recycle them.
Do turn out lights so that you use less energy.
Try to use recycled paper because it saves energy.
Don’t use the plastic bags because they are hard to recycle.
1. 你体贴环保和节能吗____ ____ ___ ___ protecting the environment and saving energy?
____ ____ ____ ___ a plastic lunch box and a cup because we ______ _____ them ______.
3. 我们天天制造着垃圾， 它对情况发生危害。
We produce waste every day and it ____ ____ ___ our environment.
4. 没有人能把石头酿成金子。 No one can __________ ______ _______ gold.
5. 它们将介入本年的举动会。They will ____ _____ __ _____ _____ _____ this year.
6. 我们只管不要买太多的海外产物。We should__ ___ __ ___too many things from abroad.
We should open a window ______ _____ _____ __air conditioning.
Even the simplest everyday activities can ___ ___ _____ _____ _____ the environment.
1.Read the text three times.
2.Copy the new words and phases.
3.Finish the exercise in unit2 (the target exercise book)
Unit 3 Language in use
I. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words.
1. When are you going to write about ____________(environment) education?
2. If we don’t, the future is ___________. (hope)
3. It’s ____________(waste) to throw away paper and metal.
4. __________(use) means “use again”.
5. Every class collects ___________(use) waste.
1. re- 暗示 “再(again)” write—rewrite;
2. 暗示否认的前缀：in- ,im- ,un- ,dis- 等。注：im- 用于b,m,p前。
correct—incorrect; possible—impossible; healthy—unhealthy; agree—disagree; like—dislike
常见的后缀有：-er, -ful, -able, -less, -ly, -al, -ness…
1. 组成名词的后缀有：动词—名词：后加 -er/-or; -ion
read—reader; visit—visitor invent—invention;
常见的后缀有：-er, -ful, -able, -less, -ly, -al, -ness…
2. 组成形容词的后缀有：名词—形容词：后加-al; -ful; -less; -ern; -ive; -y….
environment—environmental; care—careful ; care—careless, south—southern; collect—collective; cloud--cloudy
常见的后缀有：-er, -ful, -able, -less, -ly, -al, -ness…
-able: 暗示可以，可以或许的(can be) enjoy—enjoyable
3. 组成副词的后缀：-ly: 在形容词后加-ly组成副词。careful—carefully
1. can be collected_____
2. not done____________
3. full of hope__________
4. without any hope______
5. not possible___________
6. not usual______________
7. not used______________
8. used again_____________
9. not wanted_____________
10. making a lot of waste_____
IV. Complete the table.
Noun Verb Adjective Adverb
electricity --- electric ---
energy --- energetic energetically
environment --- environmental environmentally
hope hope hopless hopelessly
nation --- national nationally
pollution pollute polluting ---
seriousness --- serious seriously
unusualness --- unusual unusually
waste waste wasteful wastefully
worry worry worried worriedly
V. Fill in the blanks with the words in the table.
1. They are working very _____________ to reduce waste.
2. The situation is ___________ .We can’t do anything to make it better.
3. The factory ________ the river, and the fish died.
4. We don’t often walk in the country. It’s a(n)_______activity for us.
5. Don’t __________. Everything will be all right.
6. Don’t use so much water. It’s very __________.
VI. Discussing what you can do about pollution.
Choose something that is very important to you. The topic could be water pollution, air pollution, waste, cutting down forests, global warming etc.
Find out a bit more information about your subject.
Discuss your topic with your partners.
Make a summary of what you have said and write down.
VI. Homework Finish the composition.